Sunday, July 6, 2014

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgery Alumni Weekend

Last week, I had the pleasure of spending the weekend with the University of Pittsburgh Department of Plastic Surgery where I trained in plastic surgery over a decade ago. It was an incredible experience to look around the room at the number of current leaders in plastic surgery as well as the soon to be future leaders of our specialty.   It was the resident and fellow graduation and what an auspicious event!
But more impressive than the people there, was the pervasive "Get it done" attitude. Anyone who has trained there knows this culture well. It is the concept that says, "This needs to happen so get it done and do it well!"  I am proud to have trained at the Pittsburgh program and I  proud to continue my affiliation as an Alumnus. 

I am ever grateful for what I learned there and I believe the best is yet to come.  I can't even begin to name names, but those of us who have been through Pittsburgh know it's character and that the mission there is clear.  
Thanks to everyone at Pittsburgh for their support and for continuing the mission of training leaders in plastic surgery.